There are numerous natural dog teeth cleaning products available in the market. From water additives, to dental chews, to cleaning sprays and dog toothpastes and gels for tartar and plaque removal, pet parents have plenty of options before them. Now there is absolutely no excuse for bad doggy breath and hardened plaque that requires professional dental scaling! Use these best dog dental care at home products to keep your pooch’s teeth healthy and shiny!
Best Dog Teeth Cleaning Chews
Dogs love to chew and in their puppy-hood, they will gladly chew your shoes, furniture and pretty much everything that comes in their way. Chews are great for removing tartar and plaque and they also prevent bad breath. For younger puppies, chew products distract and redirect them from destroying your furniture.Most chews are made with rawhide. These days, there has been some concern regarding the use of rawhide for dogs as some experts believe that they can cause serious illness. Rawhide products made in places outside USA are known to contain toxic substances. So if you are looking for the best dog teeth cleaning chews, insist on ones made in the United States. Here are the best dog teeth cleaning chews that I have used personally for my dogs:
Whimzees Natural Grain Free Dental Dog Treats
- These are made in Holland
- Whimzee dental treats are 100%vegetarian, organic, GMO free and gluten free.
- The limited ingredients make this one of the best natural dog teeth cleaning products available today for dogs with sensitivities and allergies.
- Whimzees come in unique hollow shapes that get in between dental spaces and make it easy to clean hard-to-access areas.
The Antler Box- All Natural Dog Chews
- This is a must have dog chew product on the market if you have a power chewer puppy like Rottweiler.
- The box comes with 3 antlers and they will last your dog for several weeks, even months.
- If your dog is destroying shoes, pillows or furniture, then it is time you invest in the all natural dog chews made proudly in the USA.
- Not only will these chew treats keep your dog busy; they will also prevent tartar, plaque and host of dental issues.
PawStruck Bully Stick Variety Pack
- This variety pack contains chew sticks in different shapes and sizes.
- There are no harmful ingredients, preservatives, colors, dyes, hormones etc in them.
- Made in USDA and FDA approved facilities.
- They also come in different quantities for small, medium large or toy breeds.
- Owners report that their pets’ teeth are brighter and shinier after using the variety pack.
Milk-Bone Brushing Chews
- These are the best dog teeth cleaning chews for small and medium sized dogs.
- The brushing chews are a great alternative to brushing your pet’s teeth as they have textured surfaces that provide a brushing action. They are clinically proven to freshen breath.
- Keep the dentist away with daily dose of these dog treats!
Purina DentaLife Daily Oral Care Dog Chews
- Proudly made in the USA.
- These sticks have a chewy porous texture and tasty chicken flavor which dogs love
- There are no artificial ingredients in this and clinical tests have proven that they reduce tartar buildup significantly.
Best Dog Dental Water Additive
SynergyLabs Dental Fresh Plaque Control
- No more struggle to clean your pet’s teeth. This is a clinically proven, highly effective dog dental water additive that can protect against a host of moderate to severe periodontal issues.
- With regular use, your dog will have stronger, whiter teeth.
- It also protects your pets from gum disease.
- Does not contain sugar, surfactants or other harmful ingredients. Nor does it have a strong taste or flavor which tends to repel pets.
Emmy’s Dog Cat Breath Freshener Water Additive
- Reduces tartar and plaque buildup and gives shinier, brighter teeth.
- This maximum strength, no brush formula is perfect for pets who do not allow you to brush their teeth.
- Contains Aloe Vera, stevia, mild peppermint flavor and baking soda.
On the downside, many pets refuse to drink water owing to its minty taste.
TropiClean Fresh Breath Plaque Remover
- This is one of the most effective all natural dog teeth cleaning products on the market.
- It is suitable for dogs and cats and helps fight plaque buildup and tartar.
- Contains natural ingredients like green tea extract, chlorophyll and glycerin.
Best Dog Toothpaste
Dog dental care cost can run into thousands of dollars. The best way to avoid spending is to perform thorough dog dental care at home. And the right way to do so is use dog teeth tartar and plaque removal dog toothpaste.
Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste Poultry Flavor
- This is the number one selling dog toothpaste on Amazon.
- It controls plaque, fights bad breath and has the best poultry flavor which your pet will love!
- Lot of pet parents have eliminated the daily struggle of dog dental care at home using this product.
O the downside, some pets vomited after using this product.
Virbac Enzymatic CET toothpaste
- This vet recommended enzymatic toothpaste contains no foaming action and delicious vanilla-mint flavor which pets cannot refuse.
- Dogs love getting their teeth brushed with this best dog toothpaste having beefy flavor.
On the downside, many cats hated this paste.
Best Dog Teeth Cleaning Spray
An easy way to avoid dog dental care cost and perform thorough dog dental care at home is with sprays. You might not find it easy using sprays on fussy dogs that are not used to grooming from an early age. So if the best dog toothpaste does not cut it for you and your pet, the dog teeth cleaning spray may be just the product for you.
TruDog Dog Teeth Cleaning Spray
- Reduces plaque and eliminates bacteria that cause dental issues and bad breath in dogs.
- USA made
- Contains all natural ingredients
- Teeth get whiter and stronger with every use!
- 100% money back guarantee
On the downside, it made some pets very sick.
Best Dog Teeth Cleaning Wipes
Wipes are also another fantastic way to clean your pet’s teeth and prevent tartar and plaque.
TrueBlue Dog Dental Wipes
- Number one selling dog dental wipes for cleaning teeth and reducing plaque and tartar.
- Vets from leading University have developed this product.
- All natural botanical blend with parsley and peppermint flavor and without parabens, detergents etc.
- Easier to use than toothbrushes
On the downside, they are slightly bigger for smaller dogs and contain ingredients that some dogs do not like the flavor of.
Check out my article on best products for dog breath freshening.