The Cockapoo is a cross between a Cocker Spaniel and a Poodle. They combine the lovable traits of shiny haired cockers and the lovable companion breed Miniature Poodles. The result is a loving ball of fur that is great with kids. Looking for a cute name for your Cockapoo? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Get to know your cockapoo first!
Before you search for top dog names for a cockapoo, you must know a little bit about its history. Breeding dogs of two different pedigree breeds is not a new phenomenon. However, the interest in this concept has grown considerably over the past few decades. This is because; designer dogs – the result of breeding two distinct breeds – have fewer health issues and some of the resulting crossbreeds are also hypoallergenic. Additionally, when purchased from ethical and reputed breeders, you will find that mixed breed puppies carry the best traits of both parents. Here are some desirable characteristics in the Cockapoo that make them one of the most wanted designer breed in America:
- They have the shiny and curly coat of the Cocker and the Poodle. The Poodle’s curly and unique coat is a desirable feature for many pet owners.
- Poodles shed little and that makes them a desirable breed for allergic humans.
- In fact; the reason for crossing poodles with other breeds was owing to the hypoallergenic coat.
- The aim of developing designer breeds from Poodles was that the resulting dogs would be used as guide dogs for blind people who were often allergic to dog hair.
Fun facts about cockapoos
- Did you know that the cockapoo has several other names including: Cock-A-Poo, Cockerpoodle, Cockerdoodle, Spoodle, Cockapoodle, French Montay etc?
- The coloring of your cockerpoo will depend on the parent’s coloring. Apricot colored cockapoos are highly desired. Bicolored cockerpoodles with unique markings are also popular.
- Temperament and personality – These dogs have inherited the best traits of the parents including an enthusiastic nature, fun and loving personality and intelligent and sharp brain. They are affectionate and curious right from puppyhood.
We hope these basic facts and traits help you choose cute names for your male cockapoo or your girl cockapoo. Here are some choices
Cute names for a boy or girl cockapoo
You can bond with your Cockapoo and take walks. It is not just a great way to stay fit and active, it is also important to create a special bond with your fur baby.
Talk to your Cockapoo – he/she will love the sound of your voice! Begin training at an early age and teach simple commands to your puppy like sit, come, roll over etc. Here are some cute names to consider for your sweetie, starting with letter B.
- Bade (male)
Use your dog’s name during training. The actual name isn’t as important as the sound is. Avoid naming your pet very close to the sound of the name of a family member. It could confuse your pet.
Cockapoos make excellent family pets and get along with other family pets as well as children. However, you should never leave your dog unsupervised with a baby. A puppy’s claws are very strong and can inflict serious injuries.
Get your cockerdoodle used to grooming from an early age. Regular grooming sessions also help seal the bond of love between you and your dog.
Make time daily for your pet. It will relax you and you will know just how special the little one is.
There are many cute names from G for your cute cockapoo. Take a pick of one of these:
Are there celebs or athletes you admire? Try picking one of their names for your boy or girl cockapoo!
Dogs really make you feel good! Numerous studies have shown that dogs can enhance health, well being and increase happiness quotient.
Teach your Cockapoo to always walk on your left side as most handlers recommend.
Get your cockapoo puppy socialized from early on by introducing him to kids, adults and other dogs.
Love is all your dog needs. Provide your pet with tons of attention, good food, regular exercise and socialization and see him/her turn into the adorable companion you’ve always desired!
Teach your dog good manners so guests feel comfortable visiting you.
Some towns need you to register your pet. So check with your town clerk if you need a license.
Microchipping is recommended to recover a lost dog quickly.
Yearly checkups and vaccinations will prevent serious diseases in your pet.
Mixed breeds like Cockapoos tend to have fewer diseases compared to purebred dogs.
Many celebrities are known to own Cockapoos including Billy Joe Armstrong from Green Day.
Insuring a mixed breed dog is often cheaper because of fewer health issues they have compared to pure breed pets.
Happy and fun loving Cockapoos will instantly cheer you up!!
If you adopt an older Cockapoo, try to avoid changing its name – this might confuse your pet.
- Victor/ Victoria
Cockapoos loves to chase balls – even if the ball is too big for it to carry in its mouth.
Cockapoos often sell for higher price compared to its parent breeds.